What We Do
SFSI’s 9 highly qualified educators lead monthly Saturday Science Workshops, teach the annual Summer Science Week and offer one-on-one mentoring for teachers. In addition, our comprehensive resource library provides educators with classroom materials and nationally recognized science kits.
Saturday Science Workshops 2020-2021
Stay tuned for SFPS Saturday Science 2020-2021 workshop topics and dates.
Santa Fe Science Initiative Programs by Request
Classroom mentor support:
- Requests for classroom mentor support are available upon request and sufficient funding. Teachers can apply to Dollars4Schools to fund classroom mentors.
Family Science Night:
- Program /materials for two elementary classrooms and their parents – approximately 30 children, grades K-6
- Come share the excitement of hands-on science with your students and their families
- SFSI brings the kits, helps set up
- Teachers and SFSI staff facilitate numerous hands on experiences
- Take-away handouts with classroom extensions and home activities/websites with more
- SFSI staff will assist in set-up and clean up and support classroom teachers at event
Highlights of 2019-2020
Santa Fe Science Initiative is delighted to be a part of the Santa Fe Community Educators Network.