What We Do
SFSI’s 9 highly qualified educators lead monthly Saturday Science Workshops, teach the annual Summer Science Week and offer one-on-one mentoring for teachers. In addition, our comprehensive resource library provides educators with classroom materials and nationally recognized science kits.
Saturday Science Workshops 2021-2022
In association with the Santa Fe Public Schools, the Santa Fe Science Initiative is offering 7 Saturday Science workshops for K-8 teachers. From October 9, 2021-April 2, 2022. Registration is limited, get signed up today!
Summer Science 2021
Mollie & Katie will lead you through activities that will help you explore how you might better engage K-6 students in the habitat you find around your school.
July 12th, 14th & 16th – 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon
Santa Fe Science Initiative Programs by Request
Classroom mentor support:
- Requests for classroom mentor support are available upon request and sufficient funding. Teachers can apply to Dollars4Schools to fund classroom mentors.
Family Science Night:
- Program /materials for two elementary classrooms and their parents – approximately 30 children, grades K-6
- Come share the excitement of hands-on science with your students and their families
- SFSI brings the kits, helps set up
- Teachers and SFSI staff facilitate numerous hands on experiences
- Take-away handouts with classroom extensions and home activities/websites with more
- SFSI staff will assist in set-up and clean up and support classroom teachers at event
Highlights of 2019-2020
Santa Fe Science Initiative is delighted to be a part of the Santa Fe Community Educators Network.